Friday, June 2, 2017

Frozen Lime Beach Comber

Have you ever had one of those days? You know the ones that you wished would hurry and be over? Maybe it was one of those weeks? Months? A year? yeah, me too!
I really felt on the brink of a breakdown. Anxiety was high, which is a new sensation for me and one I am NOT enjoying, depression was creeping in, worry over money and bills or lack of money but an abundance of bills, long hours, very little sleep, stress from my ex. Let's just conclude with...I needed a drink! But I hate bars. And I didn't want to go out. I just wanted to vegetate at home. So I turned to my mixologist...Karen and asked her about cocktails. She gave me a few suggestions and I came up with this beauty!
Yes, he's a beauty too. That's my middle son Jesse, he enjoyed a cool refreshing adult beverage with his old mom on the back deck.
This drink is very simple, the difficult part comes in waiting about 45 minutes while it sits in the freezer. Trust me, it's worth the wait.
Now look at these ingredients, you know the above song popped in your head, admit it. It was playing like a broken record the whole time I was mixing up the ingredients. My son just shook his head and said "yeah you seriously need a drink". He thinks my coconut is cracked. LOL
I felt much better after two of these. Relaxed, cool and stress free, at least for that night.
Give it a try, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Frozen Lime Beach Comber
20 oz can pineapple tidbits with juice
1/3 c powdered sugar (because it dissolves on contact instead of having to use white sugar and cook it down with water to create a simple syrup)
32 oz container lime sherbet 
6 oz Malibu coconut rum
Blend. Freeze. Enjoy
This makes 4 drinks! Two for each of us! YES 😍

Now that it's Friday, I think it's time to "put the lime in the coconut and drink'em all up"!! Cheers

2 comments:

  1. That seriously looks so refreshing! I could go for 2 or 10 of those right about now!

    ReplyDelete