Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Breakfast Cups #keto

Hey howdy hey people! So...I'm going to jump right in here, with this new way of eating, #keto, I need a lot of protein. I also am finding that I MUST eat breakfast. Before I was only eating breakfast on weekends due to the fact that I get up at 0300 and head to work. Who wants to eat at that time? Not me. So I need something quick and easy that I can carry with me. I fell into a routine of taking boiled eggs, quick and easy, but after two weeks I was tired of them. I really wanted sausage and eggs, so I now have them. How you ask? In the form of a cup/muffin but without flour.

This is genius and so good.

Breakfast Cups
I used prepacked items, except eggs of course, one to show you how easy it is and two because it was on sale and actually cheaper this way.
I used 1/2 bag of mixed pepper/onion mix, chopped
1 package of Jimmy Dean sausage patties
8 eggs, beaten
a splash of cream
1 1/2 cups of double cheddar cheese, shredded
butter to cook the eggs in
salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, parsley flakes (1 tsp each)
Saute up the sausage, while there is still some pink, add the chopped peppers and onions along with the spices. Cook to the desired tenderness. Spray a muffin pan, put 2 TBSP of the meat/veggie mix in. Pour the beaten eggs over the meat. Sprinkle generously with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes or until the center is done. My oven was 22 minutes yours could be more or less.
Allow them to cool, but eat one while it's hot! Delicious, then place the cooled ones in air tight containers and place in the fridge. You now have breakfast for a week.




1 comment:

  1. Dawn, this sounds wonderful. follow Trim Healthy Mama and have done so well. Many of the meals are low-carb and this recipe is perfect. I, too, need a lot of protein. Can't wait to try it!
    Sinea

    ReplyDelete